Apply pierce after NC?

Aaron Gibson shared this question 6 months ago
Need Answer

Hi,

Is there a way for me to not have the pierce show on my nest until after the output?

Currently for instance if I have my pierce set to top left, but I need to rotate the part for more efficient nesting, the pierce will rotate also which is not what I want (see below)

aa20bde9ebd359f7f59d32f45b43818e

I would like to have the pierces all lined up in the same position like this even when parts are rotated. (see below)

e331d6df69326480a092bc7388b95243

Thanks,

Aaron

Best Answer
photo

Hi Aaron,

You can change a setting via "Set Files Types" from the Main Ribbon Tab in FastNEST.

In the "Set File Types" setting window, you can switch Pierce setting from "Before Nesting" to "FastPATH". Then the pathing and entry and exit will be applied only when you output.

Do note that the benefit of applying entries and exits "Before Nesting" is so that the entries and exists can be accounted for with regards to part spacing.

With FastPATH mode you will need to either increase your part to part / part to plate spacing, or be mindful of using shorter entry and exits to avoid entry and exits collision with other parts.

regards,

Jackson

Comments (1)

photo

Hi Aaron,

You can change a setting via "Set Files Types" from the Main Ribbon Tab in FastNEST.

In the "Set File Types" setting window, you can switch Pierce setting from "Before Nesting" to "FastPATH". Then the pathing and entry and exit will be applied only when you output.

Do note that the benefit of applying entries and exits "Before Nesting" is so that the entries and exists can be accounted for with regards to part spacing.

With FastPATH mode you will need to either increase your part to part / part to plate spacing, or be mindful of using shorter entry and exits to avoid entry and exits collision with other parts.

regards,

Jackson

photo

Hi Jackson,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, I knew I had seen it somewhere!

Replies have been locked on this page!